Monday, March 1, 2010

pray for our leadership

Consider this prayer when you feel like grumbling about the leaders in your church:

'Good Shepherd,
Thank you for my church leaders, lay and ordained.
Thank you that you have called and equipped them.
Thank you for their vision, love and service.
Show me how I can serve them as they serve you.
Help me to submit to their authority without grumbling or complaining.
Help me to encourage and strengthen them in their ministry as they lead us in ministry.
Touch their hearts and heal them in every way.
Stir their hearts and embolden them.
Soothe their hearts and give them your peace.
Lead them into your presence and grant them wisdom and anointing to lead us.
I ask this so that your light will shine in and through every part of your Church.
Amen'

No comments: